Sustainable Procurement Policy
The Hardstaff Group recognises its responsibility to carry out its procurement activities in an environmentally and socially responsible manner, and that its procurement decisions on economic, environmental and social considerations will have a major impact now and for our future generations.
Hardstaff will strive to:
- Encourage management and staff to review their individual consumption of goods and services in order to reduce wastage wherever possible.
- Give preference to products or services that can be manufactured, used, and disposed of in an environmentally and socially responsible way.
- To buy wood and wood-based products from legal and sustainable sources.
- Investigate opportunities for the recycling and re-use of materials where appropriate.
- Where possible ensure that suppliers' environmental credentials are, as far as reasonably practicable, considered in the supplier appraisal process.
- Encourage local and smaller suppliers to bid for work.
- Enhance employee awareness of relevant environmental and social effects of purchases.
- Encourage suppliers and contractors to minimise the negative environmental and social effects associated with the products or services they supply.
- Promote best practice for sustainable procurement.